Child removal
2020-02-02 19:19:40 UTC
I see where the government is going to 'have an enquiry'.
Many years ago I used to play at being a first aider (as we were then)
and I remember some of the 'accidents' that children had within the
home that required urgent removal to hospital.
I used to call these J A C K (Just Another C---s Kid).
And now what little protection these kids have will be gone in a feel
good cynical move by people who should be nowhere near the levers of
power
Tony
2020-02-02 20:25:06 UTC
I see where the government is going to 'have an enquiry'.
Many years ago I used to play at being a first aider (as we were then)
and I remember some of the 'accidents' that children had within the
home that required urgent removal to hospital.
I used to call these J A C K (Just Another C---s Kid).
And now what little protection these kids have will be gone in a feel
good cynical move by people who should be nowhere near the levers of
power
I don't know enough about it but I am concerned that you might be correct.
The people charged with the safety of children at risk are largely committed
professionals and for many years do-gooders who know almost nothing have
interfered.
And subsequent governments have changed the name and culture of that
organisation, often with no more than political intent.
Gordon
2020-02-04 05:54:12 UTC
I see where the government is going to 'have an enquiry'.
Many years ago I used to play at being a first aider (as we were then)
and I remember some of the 'accidents' that children had within the
home that required urgent removal to hospital.
I used to call these J A C K (Just Another C---s Kid).
And now what little protection these kids have will be gone in a feel
good cynical move by people who should be nowhere near the levers of
power
I don't know enough about it but I am concerned that you might be correct.
The people charged with the safety of children at risk are largely committed
professionals and for many years do-gooders who know almost nothing have
interfered.
And subsequent governments have changed the name and culture of that
organisation, often with no more than political intent.
Slight change of course. Saw the other day that people who have had an head
injury as a child are likely to end up being a criminal. If this i sthe case
then society needs to drag out the care givers from any protection they have
and ensure they mend their ways.

Prevention is better than cure, as the saying goes.
Crash
2020-02-02 20:46:23 UTC
I see where the government is going to 'have an enquiry'.
Many years ago I used to play at being a first aider (as we were then)
and I remember some of the 'accidents' that children had within the
home that required urgent removal to hospital.
I used to call these J A C K (Just Another C---s Kid).
And now what little protection these kids have will be gone in a feel
good cynical move by people who should be nowhere near the levers of
power
I cant see anything on Stuff about this. Where did you see this?

2020-02-03 02:29:26 UTC
I see where the government is going to 'have an enquiry'.
Many years ago I used to play at being a first aider (as we were then)
and I remember some of the 'accidents' that children had within the
home that required urgent removal to hospital.
I used to call these J A C K (Just Another C---s Kid).
And now what little protection these kids have will be gone in a feel
good cynical move by people who should be nowhere near the levers of
power
I cant see anything on Stuff about this. Where did you see this?
There were at least two separate enquiries by different parts of the
public service - from memory justice and social welfare and there was
invovlement also from the Commissioner for Children. None of them are
intended to stop the removal of a chaild where there are urgent safety
issues, but processes are likely to change (or have already changed_
to ensure that there are better processes in relation to parents who
have had prevoius difficulties; famillies are more likely to be
involved prior to birth in such cases to avoid a baby being removed at
birth. These are complex issues with a variety of causes or
opportunities for misunderstandings - knee jerk reactions implying
that all child protection is to be removed are just plain wrong.
Crash
2020-02-03 07:49:50 UTC
I see where the government is going to 'have an enquiry'.
Many years ago I used to play at being a first aider (as we were then)
and I remember some of the 'accidents' that children had within the
home that required urgent removal to hospital.
I used to call these J A C K (Just Another C---s Kid).
And now what little protection these kids have will be gone in a feel
good cynical move by people who should be nowhere near the levers of
power
I cant see anything on Stuff about this. Where did you see this?
There were at least two separate enquiries by different parts of the
public service - from memory justice and social welfare and there was
invovlement also from the Commissioner for Children.
I was aware of this. I was asking George for specifics in order to
understand the context in which he formed the opinion in his original
post.
2020-02-03 18:56:45 UTC
On Mon, 03 Feb 2020 20:49:50 +1300
[...]
I think you missed the St John reference.
You know . Personal experience and all that
Crash
2020-02-04 00:49:27 UTC
[...]
OK - but which inquiry were you referring to?

2020-02-04 19:12:44 UTC
On Tue, 04 Feb 2020 13:49:27 +1300
On Mon, 03 Feb 2020 20:49:50 +1300
On Mon, 03 Feb 2020 15:29:26 +1300, Rich80105
On Mon, 03 Feb 2020 09:46:23 +1300, Crash
[...]
There was something on fake news that riled me