Simon Bridges on "Reality TV and The Meaning of Life".
2021-09-26 03:09:04 UTC
"...I feel I don't have a massive amount to lose."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/simon-bridges-no-intention-to-be-nationals-leader-again/QUJEFTNPIVC6COI5OH32NI2UMI/

Aye Simon, dumped, dismayed, and decidedly without prospects you may well be, but why not let that can't-lose feeling bear you onward and upward to a personal enlightenment and fulfillment that until now have always eluded you?

You never know, you - a QC and parliamentarian no less - could yet ascend to your very own Elysium, there to find yourself paired with a certain Paula Bennett as, together, you perform her dumbfuck pre-schooler inanities on TV1's prime time!
Nellie the Elephant
2021-09-26 03:33:45 UTC
On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 20:09:04 -0700 (PDT), James Christophers
Post by James Christophers
"...I feel I don't have a massive amount to lose."
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/simon-bridges-no-intention-to-be-nationals-leader-again/QUJEFTNPIVC6COI5OH32NI2UMI/
Aye Simon, dumped, dismayed, and decidedly without prospects you may well be, but why not let that can't-lose feeling bear you onward and upward to a personal enlightenment and fulfillment that until now have always eluded you?
You never know, you - a QC and parliamentarian no less - could yet ascend to your very own Elysium, there to find yourself paired with a certain Paula Bennett as, together, you perform her dumbfuck pre-schooler inanities on TV1's prime time!
So TV1 turned you down James. Sorry to hear that. Better luck next
time old chap. Bad losers bore me.
Rich80105
2021-09-26 05:24:40 UTC
Post by James Christophers
"...I feel I don't have a massive amount to lose."
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/simon-bridges-no-intention-to-be-nationals-leader-again/QUJEFTNPIVC6COI5OH32NI2UMI/
Aye Simon, dumped, dismayed, and decidedly without prospects you may well be, but why not let that can't-lose feeling bear you onward and upward to a personal enlightenment and fulfillment that until now have always eluded you?
You never know, you - a QC and parliamentarian no less - could yet ascend to your very own Elysium, there to find yourself paired with a certain Paula Bennett as, together, you perform her dumbfuck pre-schooler inanities on TV1's prime time!
National may have been innovative in assisting Finlayson to become a
QC, but even they if in government could not change the past history
of an MP. The Wikipedia entry for Simon Bridges does say that he was
Crown Prosecutor, as does his "About"page on his MP website, but it
was suggested to me recently by a senior legal person that in Tauranga
he was part of the Crown Prosecutor team rather than being himself
Crown Procesutor. There does not appear to be any documentation of
appointments of Crown Prosecutors however, so at this stage I suggest
we accept that he was a Crown Prosecutor (albeit for an unknown time),
but I am fairly certain that he has not been and is never likely to
become QC - even National may baulk at using the Finlayson appointment
as a precedent . . .