Control the media, control the dumbed down populace
2021-07-09 21:47:17 UTC
https://karldufresne.blogspot.com/2021/07/funding-our-own-indoctrination.html

https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2021/07/more_money_for_friendly_reporting.html

And your taxpayer dollars are funding it.

New Zealand, the way you've got it.
Tony
2021-07-09 22:13:46 UTC
https://karldufresne.blogspot.com/2021/07/funding-our-own-indoctrination.html
Once more du Fresne hits the target.
And there are many people who actually believe that three waters will achieve
something positive when in fact there is little evidence to suggest that it is
required. Ask the West Coast mayor.
John Bowes
Now come on guys posting links to Rich's mischief makers isn't fair on Rich. He has enough trouble supporting Labours lies without you lot hitting him with honest comments from outside the group :)
Gordon
2021-07-10 08:19:01 UTC
https://karldufresne.blogspot.com/2021/07/funding-our-own-indoctrination.html
Once more du Fresne hits the target.
And there are many people who actually believe that three waters will achieve
something positive when in fact there is little evidence to suggest that it is
required. Ask the West Coast mayor.
Other Mayor's are saying that something needs to be done, and the overall
view is that some changes are a good thing. Issue is one of how and what
changes are needed.

Evidence is, apart from Hawkes Bay (Havelock North) incident, is that
the Councillors are not spending enough on the potable water network
to keep it up to the existing standard. eg Wellington. Also applies
for the second water which is waste.

Fact of the matter is that you can do less than is needed for eons, and
while everything looks good on the service it is deterating and then it
requires many millions extra to get it back to the required standard.

Having said that great care will be needed to get the right structure in
place for the greater benefit. Signs are not good for this happening.
In which case we will have to paymore than we need to.
Crash
2021-07-11 00:47:46 UTC
[...]
We see what the Government thinks the answer is - take 3-waters
services away from local bodies and create a new Government Department
to do this. Looking at
https://threewaters.govt.nz/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwiqWHBhD2ARIsAPCDzanGhC3XuA58kz6iA-LJDoe7mVEzHyI7BoezsLjnCcBBODyV37C9lsYaAllAEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

the second paragraph is a bare-faced lie "But, Aotearoa’s drinking
water, wastewater and stormwater—our three waters—networks are facing
a crisis and will continue to do so without big changes.". This and
the subject of Du Fresne's comments signal a clear hidden agenda from
the Government.

Where I live there are water issues but nothing like a crisis and the
council is moving to alleviate drought-induced water shortages. It
should also be noted that the availability of 3-waters is limited to
small pockets of urban settlement. There are many households classed
as semi-rural with 'town supply' water but no wastewater or stormwater
services provided by the council,and many other purely rural
properties that get no water services at all.

The clear answer is for the Government:
- to define standards for each of the 3-waters requirements
- allow local bodies time to comply
- deal with those that either can never afford to meet those standards
or who fail to do so
- allow those that achieve compliance to be unhindered by those who
don't.

Too late now - the Government has decided that they know best and we
don't need to be consulted about it. What is the chance that when all
these reforms have been done, the billions spent and yet we still have
grumpy trout, dirty ducks and filthy awa? (as noted in the Du Fresne
article)? Remember this is the same Government that two budgets ago
committed to spending just under 2 billion on Mental Heath.

2021-07-10 08:06:51 UTC
https://karldufresne.blogspot.com/2021/07/funding-our-own-indoctrination.html
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2021/07/more_money_for_friendly_reporting.html
And your taxpayer dollars are funding it.
New Zealand, the way you've got it.
I do wish that they (the Government ) would do as they say and clean their
ads up. As things stand they are all bullshit. Like many ads.

Humans use water and in doing so often make it dirty.

I am amazed that the fish in the rivers survive it being in flood.
George Black
2021-07-10 19:56:49 UTC
https://karldufresne.blogspot.com/2021/07/funding-our-own-indoctrination.html
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2021/07/more_money_for_friendly_reporting.html
And your taxpayer dollars are funding it.
New Zealand, the way you've got it.
I do wish that they (the Government ) would do as they say and clean their
ads up. As things stand they are all bullshit. Like many ads.
Humans use water and in doing so often make it dirty.
I am amazed that the fish in the rivers survive it being in flood.
Naughty naughty questioning our gods and bringing up the fact that
marine animals survive flooded rivers :)