Bob Jones at his best or worst?
2021-07-20 21:12:26 UTC
https://nopunchespulled.com/2021/07/20/colonialism-nonsense/
You decide, I see some truth in this.
Mutlley
2021-07-20 21:52:57 UTC
https://nopunchespulled.com/2021/07/20/colonialism-nonsense/
You decide, I see some truth in this.
At his best I think.. Good article.
Tony
2021-07-20 22:34:55 UTC
Post by Mutlley
Post by Tony
https://nopunchespulled.com/2021/07/20/colonialism-nonsense/
You decide, I see some truth in this.
At his best I think.. Good article.
Yes he is a worry, sometimes he is so far off the wall that I fear for his
sanity, but when he is on song he is worth reading.
Something has to be done about this move to divide our country. A different
government (any other government right now!) would help.
Where I live there is very little obvious division between different races. We
have asian, Maori and european people. I am involved with a large charity which
helps all of those and the voluinteers come from all parts of the community.
The prime movers of the charity (all volunteers) include all of our different
ethnicities, working well together. So based on that and other countrywide
observations I can only conclude that Bob Jones is correct. There is a small
powerful group of people driving this obscenity, and they need to be removed by
the voters.
Here is a pretty full on commentary. If half of this is correct we have little
time to get rid of this government.
Tony
2021-07-21 00:09:10 UTC
Post by Mutlley
Post by Tony
[...]
Oops, I left the link out.
https://waikanaewatch.org/2021/07/19/new-zealands-rapidly-increasing-apartheid/
Gordon
That is a good article.
Tony
2021-07-21 04:37:26 UTC
Post by Mutlley
Post by Tony
[...]
And Rich will not have a bar of it.
Truth can hurt but only to those that hate integrity (because it stops them
from prospering).
Rich80105
2021-07-21 04:19:40 UTC
On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 17:34:55 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Tony
Post by Mutlley
Post by Tony
https://nopunchespulled.com/2021/07/20/colonialism-nonsense/
You decide, I see some truth in this.
At his best I think.. Good article.
Yes he is a worry, sometimes he is so far off the wall that I fear for his
sanity, but when he is on song he is worth reading.
Something has to be done about this move to divide our country.
What move would that be, Tony? Bob Jones doesn't identify any
Post by Tony
A different
government (any other government right now!) would help.
Where I live there is very little obvious division between different races. We
have asian, Maori and european people. I am involved with a large charity which
helps all of those and the voluinteers come from all parts of the community.
The prime movers of the charity (all volunteers) include all of our different
ethnicities, working well together. So based on that and other countrywide
observations I can only conclude that Bob Jones is correct. There is a small
powerful group of people driving this obscenity, and they need to be removed by
the voters.
You are being too harsh on Judith Collins - she is merely trying to
retain support from the biggoted and racially prejudiced supporters of
her party.

Both Labour and National-led governments have accepted that change was
needed as regards true compliance with the binding treaty signed
between the Crown and Maori, abnd those successive governments have
made progress primarily on land issues relating to groups of Maori,
but in recent times there are issues being raised, and supported by
our Court system, that relate to other issues, such as language, and
rights relating to land and water use.

Bob Jones has always regarded contracts as worth supporting if hewants
them to be supported, and argued against if he doesn't, National has
at times used the "sanctity of contract" to ensure that contracts that
deliver wealth to a select few are hard to back away from; but is less
keen on compliance with some of the issues currently being raised -
they regard some as having an unfettered right to exploit land and
workers to the glory of profit, and bugger everyone else!

There have been a lot of Ministers for treaty settlements that have
performed well - and I include among those Doug Graham and Chris
Finlayson. Now Graham didn't exactly cover himself with glory over
Lombard Finance, but we know National are not good with other peoples
money (Jenny Shipley was also embarrassed that way). They however
realised that they could not just walk away from Maori Claims, that
there were legitimate grievances, and that they could not ride
roughshod over the claimants and their representatives.

The need for honesty in dealing with Maori is perhaps illustrated by
electoral support - in general National does not treat Maori well - at
least in part this is because they do not treat a majority of the
population well, being those earning less than average income, but
that sector does at present include most Maori. The continued sniping
of National over any support for Maori is unlikely to change that, but
not all National people agree with it. Just this morning an
ex-National MP spoke on a cuple of issues where National and their
supporters have deliberately lied and shown racist attitudes - go to
https://www.rnz.co.nz/audio/player?audio_id=2018804883
and click on "National's gang member sanctions 'unworkable' -former
Minister - it is the 6th item and only lasts just over 7 minutes; well
worth a listen to hear a National person tell the truth . . .
Tony
2021-07-21 04:35:34 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Tony
A different
government (any other government right now!) would help.
Where I live there is very little obvious division between different races. We
have asian, Maori and european people. I am involved with a large charity which
helps all of those and the voluinteers come from all parts of the community.
The prime movers of the charity (all volunteers) include all of our different
ethnicities, working well together. So based on that and other countrywide
observations I can only conclude that Bob Jones is correct. There is a small
powerful group of people driving this obscenity, and they need to be removed by
the voters.
You are being too harsh on Judith Collins - she is merely trying to
retain support from the biggoted and racially prejudiced supporters of
her party.
Your retreat into sarcasm and deliberate lies is becoming boring.
Deleted off topic nonsense.

Rich, can you ever actually focus on what really matters?
Everything you wrote here is bullshit.
Rich80105
2021-07-21 04:57:03 UTC
On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 23:35:34 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
dot nz> wrote:

Tony,
Post by Tony
Everything you wrote here is bullshit.
Deleting posts from others is not helful - I realise you never wish to
consider opinions other than your own, , but usenet is not a personal
discussion between you and others, and even responses to your posts
are being directed to the whole group, not just you.
Tony
2021-07-21 05:10:56 UTC
Post by Tony
Everything you wrote here is bullshit.
Deleting posts from others is not helful - I realise you never wish to
consider opinions other than your own, , but usenet is not a personal
discussion between you and others, and even responses to your posts
are being directed to the whole group, not just you.
Really, but that is how you approach Usenet, why do I have to do it differently?
Sorry, that was unfair. I should not treat you as if you are intelligent - my
bad.
By the way you mistyped a word, helful should have been hell full, or your
idiotic post as an example.
You may realise many things but you have never accurately realised me. I on the
other hand got you within weeks of joining this group, and I am not the only
one.
George Black
(Shines up my Kill File)
John Bowes
You talk utter crap as usual rich. The deleted part of your post was not just off topic but purely and simply another political diatribe consisting of outright lies gleaned from Labours propaganda! Nobody (except George) were denied the possibility of reading the utter garbage Tony rightly snipped!
JohnO
He didn't delete any posts. He elected to not quote your drivel in his own post, as is his right. You really are quite challenged, aren't you?
Tony
2021-07-22 02:41:19 UTC
Post by Tony
Everything you wrote here is bullshit.
Deleting posts from others is not helful - I realise you never wish to
consider opinions other than your own, , but usenet is not a personal
discussion between you and others, and even responses to your posts
are being directed to the whole group, not just you.
He didn't delete any posts. He elected to not quote your drivel in his own
post, as is his right. You really are quite challenged, aren't you?
That is not a concept that he will ever understand.

Crash
2021-07-21 04:47:46 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Tony
A different
government (any other government right now!) would help.
Where I live there is very little obvious division between different races. We
have asian, Maori and european people. I am involved with a large charity which
helps all of those and the voluinteers come from all parts of the community.
The prime movers of the charity (all volunteers) include all of our different
ethnicities, working well together. So based on that and other countrywide
observations I can only conclude that Bob Jones is correct. There is a small
powerful group of people driving this obscenity, and they need to be removed by
the voters.
You are being too harsh on Judith Collins - she is merely trying to
retain support from the biggoted and racially prejudiced supporters of
her party.
What an absurd and insulting load of nonsense Rich80105 - both in
respect of replying to Tony and to Judith Collins. Tony made it quite
clear that he was referring to the current Government, and Judith
Collins is not a part of this.
Post by Tony
Here is a pretty full on commentary. If half of this is correct we have little
time to get rid of this government.
Rich80105 most of what you have said is irrelevant to the points that
Bob Jones was making. I don't agree with Jones, but that is nothing
to do with past NZ Governments and what National or Labour have or
have not done. Indeed, Jones makes no reference to any of these.

He contends that the UK of today would never allow Anglo-Saxons to be
given preferential treatment because they are the victims of various
invaders going back over 1000 years.

The big difference between the Anglo-Saxons and Maori is that many
Maori leaders of the day signed the Treaty of Waitangi with the
British only to be treated appallingly in a fashion common amongst
British colonisers of the time. This renders Bob Jones' argument
inappropriate.

2021-07-20 22:03:48 UTC
His best! Rich will say worst or ignore it because in his tiny unproductive world he'll claim it's fake news because it doesn't follow his political masters game plan...
James Christophers
2021-07-20 23:25:59 UTC
https://nopunchespulled.com/2021/07/20/colonialism-nonsense/
You decide, I see some truth in this.
Tongue-in-cheek Jones has more than once written and spoken of "The wonderfulness of Maoridom". One takes it that the officially published 1971 article below, doubtless together with others of its kind, have always been the guiding force behind Jones in the take-no-prisoners opinions he still holds today.

Extract:

"The mean IQ of the Maori students tested was 102.94. The Mean IQ of the Pakeha students, however, was only 67.26. Pending further testing, these figures may be provisionally accepted as the average IQs of both population groups. These findings are, of course, rather distressing. More important, the findings justify the immediate implementation of corrective programmes[1] to assist the handicapped Pakeha child in catching up."

https://trc.org.nz/sites/trc.org.nz/files/digital%20library/Intelligence%20and%20the%20Pakeha%20Child.pdf

[1] To be devised, controlled and taught by employees of the Department of Corrections, who else?
Tony
2021-07-20 23:50:39 UTC
[...]
A good comedy piece, I remember laughing the first time I read it.
of course, Bob Jones is most unlikey to take that or similar comedy pieces
seriously.