NZF and corruption with NZFFP
2020-01-21 20:41:56 UTC
This looks to me to be very questionable (at least):

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/118899792/nz-firstlinked-company-in-government-loan-bid-says-it-met-with-shane-jones

Quite apart from the fact that NZFFP have dropped Shane Jones in it
for lying (about when he knew of the project to be funded by a PGF
loan), I cannot recall there ever being a company whose directors are
entirely senior political party office holders or lawyers. That they
should apply for a PGF loan (the PGF being a fund established as part
of the current coalition agreement) gives credence to the notion that
the purpose of NZFFP is to profit from taxpayer support using taxpayer
funds under the auspices of the company directors.

It should be noted that NZFFP is wholly owned by Kinleith Continuation
LP (Limited Partnership). A limited partnership is a means of
disguising the true identity of the shareholders. This is a technique
that Winston Peters would be highly critical of if he was to target an
entity that he wished to accuse of wrongdoing.

This is, quite simply, unacceptable. No other political party would
get away with this. The National Party, if it has any spine, should
be all over this but so far this is not the case.

2020-01-22 02:49:54 UTC
[...]
I believe that the Labour led government should do something about it, meaning
the Prime Minister.
Who knows maybe the people would applaud such integrity.
George
2020-01-22 19:17:09 UTC
On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 20:49:54 -0600
[...]
Whoa.
How can you put our PM and the word integrity in the same sentence
without the added phrase 'lack of' ?????
Tony
I am ever hopeful George that we will get some improvement.
Crash
2020-01-22 22:14:28 UTC
On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 20:49:54 -0600, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
[...]
The reality is that the PM is not able to do this. If she attempted
to do so Winston would accuse her of meddling in NZF affairs that are
none of her business. So, there being no legal basis for doing
anything, she is reasonably justified in doing nothing.

Voters though shortly will have the opportunity to ensure NZF is not
returned to Parliament.