No surprise
2020-02-19 02:17:17 UTC
It was fairly clear from the time the announcement was made of the SFO charges
that he was on of them.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/119624613/three-of-four-names-revealed-in-national-party-donation-sfo-case
So as expected the National party and their foundation are not being prosecuted.
How about NZ First?
Perhaps the PM needs to face up to her responsibilities, I hope that may happen
soon.
Rich80105
2020-02-19 03:37:16 UTC
On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 20:17:17 -0600, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Tony
It was fairly clear from the time the announcement was made of the SFO charges
that he was on of them.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/119624613/three-of-four-names-revealed-in-national-party-donation-sfo-case
So as expected the National party and their foundation are not being prosecuted.
As has been explained a number of times the National Party could not
have been prosecuted. Listen to:
https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/checkpoint/audio/2018731861/criminal-charges-filed-over-national-party-donations

It appears that the Foundation is not involved.

Having your Chief Whip prosecuted for one donation certainly does not
refect well on the Party, even though he was kicked out for being a
whistle-blower . . .
Post by Tony
How about NZ First?
Perhaps the PM needs to face up to her responsibilities, I hope that may happen
soon.
The Prime Minister is no more responsible for NZ Firsts handling of
donations than she is for that of National.

Is Simon Bridges facing up to his responsibilities, Tony?
Tony
2020-02-19 03:55:43 UTC
Post by Tony
It was fairly clear from the time the announcement was made of the SFO charges
that he was on of them.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/119624613/three-of-four-names-revealed-in-national-party-donation-sfo-case
So as expected the National party and their foundation are not being prosecuted.
As has been explained a number of times the National Party could not
https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/checkpoint/audio/2018731861/criminal-charges-filed-over-national-party-donations
What legislation states that a political party cannot be prosecuted?
Post by Rich80105
It appears that the Foundation is not involved.
Having your Chief Whip prosecuted for one donation certainly does not
refect well on the Party, even though he was kicked out for being a
whistle-blower . . .
He is not chief whip.
How about NZ First?
Perhaps the PM needs to face up to her responsibilities, I hope that may happen
soon.
The Prime Minister is no more responsible for NZ Firsts handling of
donations than she is for that of National.
The "elephant in the room" needs to be addressed. NZ First need to be held to
account. That is her job.
So far, yes!
Rich80105
2020-02-19 04:31:28 UTC
On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 21:55:43 -0600, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Tony
It was fairly clear from the time the announcement was made of the SFO charges
that he was on of them.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/119624613/three-of-four-names-revealed-in-national-party-donation-sfo-case
So as expected the National party and their foundation are not being prosecuted.
As has been explained a number of times the National Party could not
https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/checkpoint/audio/2018731861/criminal-charges-filed-over-national-party-donations
What legislation states that a political party cannot be prosecuted?
Answered in another thread a few minutes ago.
It appears that the Foundation is not involved.
Having your Chief Whip prosecuted for one donation certainly does not
refect well on the Party, even though he was kicked out for being a
whistle-blower . . .
He is not chief whip.
He was at the time the offence occurred, and he was not kicked out for
the donation scam. Ross now claims that Simon Bridges and others in
the party were involved.
How about NZ First?
Perhaps the PM needs to face up to her responsibilities, I hope that may happen
soon.
The Prime Minister is no more responsible for NZ Firsts handling of
donations than she is for that of National.
The "elephant in the room" needs to be addressed. NZ First need to be held to
account. That is her job.
The investigation is being done by the Serious Fraud Office - who else
is better equipped to investigate, Tony? Certainly it would be very
inappropriate for any politician to get personally invovled. In fact,
the Prime Minister has acted responsibly by saying this is not an
issue for the government or her party.

Does Simon Bridges have some responsibility for the investigation into
NZ First donations? It has been suggested that it is strange that the
people behind a website raising issues, and the people apparently
behind some social media campaign are individuals who have previously
been ardent supporters of National through Whaleoil and "Dirty Tricks"
- I will wait for evidence before supporting such allegations; but
responsibility is a two way street, Tony - don't you agree?
Is Simon Bridges facing up to his responsibilities, Tony?
So far, yes!
Tony
2020-02-19 05:39:37 UTC
Post by Tony
It was fairly clear from the time the announcement was made of the SFO charges
that he was on of them.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/119624613/three-of-four-names-revealed-in-national-party-donation-sfo-case
So as expected the National party and their foundation are not being prosecuted.
As has been explained a number of times the National Party could not
https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/checkpoint/audio/2018731861/criminal-charges-filed-over-national-party-donations
What legislation states that a political party cannot be prosecuted?
Answered in another thread a few minutes ago.
Inadequately.
It appears that the Foundation is not involved.
Having your Chief Whip prosecuted for one donation certainly does not
refect well on the Party, even though he was kicked out for being a
whistle-blower . . .
He is not chief whip.
He was at the time the offence occurred, and he was not kicked out for
the donation scam. Ross now claims that Simon Bridges and others in
the party were involved.
What he alleges is unimportant, what the SFO alleges is.
[...]
Don't be silly, that is not the point I made. The issue is that Peters should
be stood down, Helen Clark had the courage to do that but not this PM.
Post by Rich80105
- I will wait for evidence before supporting such allegations; but
responsibility is a two way street, Tony - don't you agree?
Not usually. responsibility is usually that of the offender.
Is Simon Bridges facing up to his responsibilities, Tony?
So far, yes!
George
2020-02-19 19:10:21 UTC
Post by Tony
It was fairly clear from the time the announcement was made of the
SFO charges that he was on of them.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/119624613/three-of-four-names-revealed-in-national-party-donation-sfo-case
So as expected the National party and their foundation are not being
prosecuted. How about NZ First?
Perhaps the PM needs to face up to her responsibilities, I hope that
may happen soon.
Well. looks like some-one was donkey deep in the brown stuff and was
trying to shift the blame.
Rather suspected that
Tony
2020-02-21 05:50:38 UTC
Post by Tony
It was fairly clear from the time the announcement was made of the
SFO charges that he was on of them.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/119624613/three-of-four-names-revealed-in-national-party-donation-sfo-case
So as expected the National party and their foundation are not being
prosecuted. How about NZ First?
Perhaps the PM needs to face up to her responsibilities, I hope that
may happen soon.
Well. looks like some-one was donkey deep in the brown stuff and was
trying to shift the blame.
Rather suspected that
Not much doubt about that, unless you are a political zombie of course.