Afew words from our epidemiologist of record -
2021-09-05 06:05:48 UTC
https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/slow-covid-19-vaccine-rollout-could-help-new-zealand-in-long-run-michael-baker-says/ar-AAO6Dd6?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
Willy Nilly
2021-09-06 06:11:44 UTC
https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/slow-covid-19-vaccine-rollout-could-help-new-zealand-in-long-run-michael-baker-says/ar-AAO6Dd6?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
Your "epidemiologist of record" is a moron who wants to mandate school
kids to wear masks:

-------------------------
Epedemiologist Professor Michael Baker says there are opportunities
being missed by not mandating mask use across the board in schools.

"There's two problems with this. One is, it means that children are
missing out on one of these essential protections, if we do get an
outbreak. And of course they are great at transmitting the virus to
their families.

"The other opportunity I think we're really missing here is the one
about education that we found with hand washing with school students
who learned how to wash their hands properly and will take this
message home to their families, who, in many cases were not actually
that diligent.

"So I think we're really underestimating the potential for school
students to be real leaders in this area."

Professor Baker said mandatory mask wearing would be good for high
schools and intermediate schools.

"I think it's more optional in primary school age students but
internationally, they are wearing masks overseas so it's not
impossible."
-------------------------------

Anyone who doesn't see how moronic this is, is similarly a moron.
Rich80105
2021-09-06 06:37:46 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
Post by James Christophers
[...]
Anyone who calls someone else a moron without explaining why is even
more moronic. Certainly it is being done overseas - indeed many young
people in Taiwan and Japan have been wearing masks for a long time. I
presum you do not have children, Willy Nilly. I do think secondary
students should wear them on a bus (unless 2 metre distancing is
required there!)
Willy Nilly
2021-09-06 08:22:16 UTC
Anyone who calls someone else a moron without explaining why ...
In this case, that would be like "explaining" common sense to someone
who has none. Can't be done.
JohnO
2021-09-06 06:34:19 UTC
He seems to think we are getting a benefit from seeing what has happened (regards declining effectivity) in other nations. That's crap. We get no benefit. The knowledge gives us zero opportunities that we would have missed if we vaccinated earlier. We'll still be behind. We are in a cycle of lockdowns that will never end until we're sufficiently vaccinated and the government admits there is no alternative but living with endemic COVID.
George Black
2021-09-06 20:10:32 UTC
https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/slow-covid-19-vaccine-rollout-could-help-new-zealand-in-long-run-michael-baker-says/ar-AAO6Dd6?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
He seems to think we are getting a benefit from seeing what has happened (regards declining effectivity) in other nations. That's crap. We get no benefit. The knowledge gives us zero opportunities that we would have missed if we vaccinated earlier. We'll still be behind. We are in a cycle of lockdowns that will never end until we're sufficiently vaccinated and the government admits there is no alternative but living with endemic COVID.
The levels are Cindys way of controlling the masses.
Do bad get three weeks of Stage 4.
Crawl to the dais (3/4 of an hour on TV1 and TV3 yesterday) with Cindy
and the pet answering pat questions from fake news and wow Stage 2..
All heil