NZ Media, bought and owned by the government:
2021-09-15 01:30:37 UTC
Cindy gets a free hour a day on TV but the opposition COVID spokesman declined:

https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2021/09/chris_bishop_on_the_longest_lockdown.html
John Bowes
2021-09-15 03:07:20 UTC
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2021/09/chris_bishop_on_the_longest_lockdown.html
Thanks to outfits like Kiwiblog the truth will get out.
George Black
2021-09-15 19:35:25 UTC
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2021/09/chris_bishop_on_the_longest_lockdown.html
Thanks to outfits like Kiwiblog the truth will get out.
With fake news throwing out 'voter surveys' as they are currently I
sadly doubt that.
Rich80105
What survey is that, George? I haven't seen any on Covid.
John Bowes
This thread isn't about the governments pathetic attitude to covid rich. It's about it's buying of the media with largesse from the taxpayer. In other words it's corruption!
Rich80105
2021-09-15 23:35:00 UTC
On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 15:48:06 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2021/09/chris_bishop_on_the_longest_lockdown.html
Thanks to outfits like Kiwiblog the truth will get out.
With fake news throwing out 'voter surveys' as they are currently I
sadly doubt that.
What survey is that, George? I haven't seen any on Covid.
This thread isn't about the governments pathetic attitude to covid rich. It's about it's buying of the media with largesse from the taxpayer. In other words it's corruption!
If Kiwiblog or the Taxpayer Union has received a subsidy I am sure it
will be on the same basis a lock-down support for all businesses.
David Farrar is involved in both, as well as Curia - are you saying
those organisaton s have been bought by the government?
John Bowes
2021-09-16 00:03:05 UTC
On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 15:48:06 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2021/09/chris_bishop_on_the_longest_lockdown.html
Thanks to outfits like Kiwiblog the truth will get out.
With fake news throwing out 'voter surveys' as they are currently I
sadly doubt that.
What survey is that, George? I haven't seen any on Covid.
This thread isn't about the governments pathetic attitude to covid rich. It's about it's buying of the media with largesse from the taxpayer. In other words it's corruption!
If Kiwiblog or the Taxpayer Union has received a subsidy I am sure it
will be on the same basis a lock-down support for all businesses.
David Farrar is involved in both, as well as Curia - are you saying
those organisaton s have been bought by the government?
Do you have any proof they have received subsidies Rich. no proof means your just lying again to defend the government!
The burning question for several is now did YOU get a subsidy from the government?
George Black
2021-09-16 01:16:05 UTC
Do you have any proof they have received subsidies Rich. no proof means your just lying again to defend the government!
The burning question for several is now did YOU get a subsidy from the government?
Or is he employed by the liebor party
Seems to spend a LOT of time in here replying to every thread
John Bowes
Probably employed by FoL. The imbecile certainly reflects it's attitude to honest and open governance...
George Black
2021-09-16 19:38:45 UTC
Do you have any proof they have received subsidies Rich. no proof means your just lying again to defend the government!
The burning question for several is now did YOU get a subsidy from the government?
Or is he employed by the liebor party
Seems to spend a LOT of time in here replying to every thread
Probably employed by FoL. The imbecile certainly reflects it's attitude to honest and open governance...
That would be the Fol that made wharfies redundant and opened the way
for containers. And screwed the Cook Strait ferries?
A worthy employer of such :)
Rich80105
2021-09-16 01:17:38 UTC
On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 17:03:05 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
[...]
The link above is to an item on Kiwiblog. The post after that referred
to "fake news thhrowing out 'voter surveys' - and Kiwiblog has
beenknown to publish surveys - as I noted above David Farrar is
invovled with many surveys through his company Curia, and he is also
invovled with th Taxpayers Union, which recently published a comment
on a 'voter survey' that had been done by Curia.

There is I gather a list of companies that have received a covid
subsidy - if any of them did I do not believe there is any corruption
invovled - there is a standard basis for applying - and also for
returning mney if it turns out it was not needed after all. No
corruption there; I was just asking which media had received largesse
from the taxpayer that could be called corruption - as it is it may
appear that Kiwiblog or those associated with it may be being
unfairly slurred, which is I think an unwarranted slur.

You raised the media being bought through corruption, John Bowes -
which media are you talking about?
John Bowes
2021-09-16 02:31:13 UTC
[...]
Have you any evidence (your lies and avoidance don't count) that Kiwiblog received a subsidy Rich? either present the evidence or stop lying to defend the corrupt government you blindly support like the good little communist you are!
Post by Rich80105
You raised the media being bought through corruption, John Bowes -
which media are you talking about?
The media that has been referred to ever since your government paid them tens of millions of dollars due to the Covid pandemic. Jeeze Rich fucking imbecile must be an accolade to you who pleaded for respect not long ago.
NEWS FLASH! Rich doesn't give a fuck about respect! He's stupid enough to think he just has to keep on lying and DEMAND respect!
Rich80105
2021-09-16 03:08:31 UTC
On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 19:31:13 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
[...]
Kiwiblog was raised in the url - it is regarded by many as part of
"media"; all I was asking was whether they were who you were referring
to. Not a hard question.
You raised the media being bought through corruption, John Bowes -
which media are you talking about?
The media that has been referred to ever since your government paid them tens of millions of dollars due to the Covid pandemic. Jeeze Rich fucking imbecile must be an accolade to you who pleaded for respect not long ago.
The only "media" mentioned was Kiwiblog - but you appear to be
avoiding telling me if your claim about corruption was meant to apply
to that website. By not answering you appear to be trying to discredit
Kiwiblog, when it is possible it is another organisation you are
referring to. And no I do not believe the Covid business subsidies
amount to corruption.
John Bowes
2021-09-16 03:32:38 UTC
[...]
Still waiting for an answer to about fifty questions Rich. Seems to me a lack of any evidence except for your highly red coloured opinion is nothing more nor less than just more lies from a long posting troll! Produce some evidence Rich or fuck off!
Rich80105
2021-09-16 04:27:33 UTC
On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 20:32:38 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
[...]
My point is that I do not think there is any corruption arising from
any government assistance that may have bee given to Kiwiblog, Curia
or the Taxpayers Union - Kiwiblog in the only media mentioned in the
thread, and all three are linked to David Farrar.

If you think there is, or that some other media arrangments exist that
are corrupt, then it is up to you to tell us, but leaving Kiwiblog
under your slur does seem a little unfair . . .

Either put up or shut up - and stop maligning organisations that are
as far as we are aware totally innocent of any corruption. Its over to
you.
John Bowes
2021-09-16 04:32:33 UTC
Post by John Bowes
NEWS FLASH! Rich doesn't give a fuck about respect! He's stupid enough to think he just has to keep on lying and DEMAND respect!
My point is I don't give a stuff what you may think as impossible as your actions in this group would indicate that possibility. My point is you made a claim and have refused to produce evidence of it! Ipso facto it was a lie and you're trying to brush the truth under the carpet as usual.
No proof and it just confirms you are a liar and not worthy of anything but contempt. Much like the government you blindly support!
George Black
2021-09-16 19:49:30 UTC
Have you any evidence (your lies and avoidance don't count) that Kiwiblog received a subsidy Rich? either present the evidence or stop lying to defend the corrupt government you blindly support like the good little communist you are!
Well I've sent the message to Kiwiblog so we'll see how richs libel
gets treated
James Christophers
2021-09-16 06:20:01 UTC
On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 15:48:06 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2021/09/chris_bishop_on_the_longest_lockdown.html
Thanks to outfits like Kiwiblog the truth will get out.
With fake news throwing out 'voter surveys' as they are currently I
sadly doubt that.
What survey is that, George? I haven't seen any on Covid.
This thread isn't about the governments pathetic attitude to covid rich. It's about it's buying of the media with largesse from the taxpayer. In other words it's corruption!
If Kiwiblog or the Taxpayer Union has received a subsidy I am sure it
will be on the same basis a lock-down support for all businesses.
David Farrar is involved in both, as well as Curia - are you saying
those organisaton s have been bought by the government?
Do you have any proof they have received subsidies Rich.
First, do you? Try this:

Topic header from JohnO :

"NZ Media, bought and owned by the government".

That is an unadorned, unconditional categoric statement of fact. Period.

...further and unequivocally consolidated by you as fact at 1048hrs today, cited here verbatim:

"This thread isn't about the governments pathetic attitude to covid rich. It's about it's buying of the media with largesse from the taxpayer. In other words it's corruption!"

This is, again, an unequivocal, unconditional statement of fact citing the government as guilty of corruption.

(snip)
John Bowes
2021-09-16 07:36:39 UTC
On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 15:48:06 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2021/09/chris_bishop_on_the_longest_lockdown.html
Thanks to outfits like Kiwiblog the truth will get out.
With fake news throwing out 'voter surveys' as they are currently I
sadly doubt that.
What survey is that, George? I haven't seen any on Covid.
This thread isn't about the governments pathetic attitude to covid rich. It's about it's buying of the media with largesse from the taxpayer. In other words it's corruption!
If Kiwiblog or the Taxpayer Union has received a subsidy I am sure it
will be on the same basis a lock-down support for all businesses.
David Farrar is involved in both, as well as Curia - are you saying
those organisaton s have been bought by the government?
Do you have any proof they have received subsidies Rich.
First, do you?
Imaterial! I addressed a question to rich. He has failed to answer it.
Why? It doesn't answer the question I asked Rich!
Well done. Yet Rich has still not provided any evidence that Farar received any money from the government. So your ramble here is typical of you just a smoke screen to cover the governments arse and also Richie's!
James Christophers
2021-09-16 09:12:24 UTC
[...]
He is not required to (see below)
Post by John Bowes
Why? It doesn't answer the question I asked Rich!
Ditto.
Why should he when he prefaces his mention of any such suggestion by others with the **conditional** 'if'. In any any case, had Farrar in fact received government aid honestly for whatever purpose intended there would be nothing corrupt about it, which is what Rich has previously told you.
John Bowes
2021-09-16 20:24:39 UTC
Post by John Bowes
[...]
Rich doesn't answer questions Keith because he's like you and just a troll!
If he really wants respect he'd answer the question rather than avoid it!
George Black
2021-09-16 20:40:58 UTC
Post by John Bowes
[...]
Well it could be that he now has his chance.... and from what I've seen
of Mr Farrar he doesn't take prisoners
James Christophers
2021-09-16 22:10:26 UTC
Post by John Bowes
Why? It doesn't answer the question I asked Rich!
Ditto.
"NZ Media, bought and owned by the government".
That is an unadorned, unconditional categorical statement of fact. Period.
That may well be true. Inconvenient for you, I know, but **it is for you alone** now to show that Rich has directly **and in terms** unequivocally accused Farrar of a breach of the law. Thus far you have omitted to do so simply because you know you can't, having already undone yourself with that very accusation you now pin on Rich, publication of such attribution itself amounting to a libel in its own right for as long as you continue in your failure to fully substantiate what you say.
John Bowes
2021-09-16 23:15:45 UTC
Post by John Bowes
[...]
He's does it to everyone Keith as you well know.
Please be careful. Make sure you have something soft to land on with all your spinning. Suggest your head, that should be real soft.
James Christophers
2021-09-17 01:39:10 UTC
Post by John Bowes
[...]
Again, that may well be so, but it is still not directly germane to the point I raise which is what these more recent exchanges are specifically about. So again, and on this specific point, your last-ditch plea also fails as argument.

By now you should have grasped that the nature of your wild and unsupported impugning of another contributor to this open, public, unmoderated forum has been a self-indulgence too far, in this instance having been blatantly unwarranted. I suggest, therefore, that you now do what any real man with a conscience would do, which is to offer an apology to Rich. I somehow sense it would receive a gracious acknowledgement and, what's more, not include further comment, reservation or qualification, thus concluding this episode once and for all.

One's forfeited mana (at least partially) regained, one might say.

It's up to you.

(snipped)
John Bowes
2021-09-17 03:29:21 UTC
Post by John Bowes
[...]
No wild impugning of Rich at all Keith! Rich is a liar as you are. not wild claims but FACTS! I don't owe Rich any apology. Now stop twisting the events like the well known troll you are Keith and be a real man yourself and apologise for your own lies in this thread!
I asked Rich to support his attack on Farrar. HE impugned Farrar, maybe Rich should go to Kiwiblog and appologise!
James Christophers
2021-09-17 04:18:44 UTC
Post by John Bowes
[...]
In which case you can have no difficulty refuting, point by point, the incontrovertible evidence of your brazen, unhinged behaviour already placed in the public domain by none other than you yourself.

So you might as well either get on with it or just STFU for once.

End of.
John Bowes
2021-09-17 05:04:07 UTC
Post by John Bowes
[...]
Why? Maybe you should try following your own advice and STFU yourself along with your little trolling buddy Rich!
Post by James Christophers
End of.
Keith you should try being reasonable for once in your useless life. It will stop your man tits from tangling :)
George Black
2021-09-16 19:42:36 UTC
Post by James Christophers
"NZ Media, bought and owned by the government".
That is an unadorned, unconditional categoric statement of fact. Period.
"This thread isn't about the governments pathetic attitude to covid rich. It's about it's buying of the media with largesse from the taxpayer. In other words it's corruption!"
This is, again, an unequivocal, unconditional statement of fact citing the government as guilty of corruption.
(snip)
Well done. Yet Rich has still not provided any evidence that Farar received any money from the government. So your ramble here is typical of you just a smoke screen to cover the governments arse and also Richie's!
Just a word here.
If he hears the allegations made by rich and they are false he could get
unhappy
Rich80105
2021-09-16 21:38:32 UTC
Post by James Christophers
"NZ Media, bought and owned by the government".
That is an unadorned, unconditional categoric statement of fact. Period.
"This thread isn't about the governments pathetic attitude to covid rich. It's about it's buying of the media with largesse from the taxpayer. In other words it's corruption!"
This is, again, an unequivocal, unconditional statement of fact citing the government as guilty of corruption.
(snip)
Well done. Yet Rich has still not provided any evidence that Farar received any money from the government. So your ramble here is typical of you just a smoke screen to cover the governments arse and also Richie's!
Just a word here.
If he hears the allegations made by rich and they are false he could get
unhappy
Since I made no allegations, but said that if directed to Farrar (as
they appeared to be from John Bowes) that is almost certainly untrue
and an unjustified slur by John Bowes against Farrar. David Farrar
left off posting to nz.general years ago to 'foment happy mischief'
under his own control - If he was offered mopney by the government you
would have read about it on Kiwiblog!
John Bowes
Stop talking shit Rich! The only person making slurs against Farrar is, as usual the troll YOU!
James Christophers
2021-09-16 03:06:05 UTC
On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 15:48:06 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2021/09/chris_bishop_on_the_longest_lockdown.html
Thanks to outfits like Kiwiblog the truth will get out.
With fake news throwing out 'voter surveys' as they are currently I
sadly doubt that.
What survey is that, George? I haven't seen any on Covid.
This thread isn't about the governments pathetic attitude to covid rich. It's about it's buying of the media with largesse from the taxpayer. In other words it's corruption!
If Kiwiblog or the Taxpayer Union has received a subsidy I am sure it
will be on the same basis a lock-down support for all businesses.
David Farrar is involved in both, as well as Curia - are you saying
those organisaton s have been bought by the government?
All of which is as may be for all the good it can accomplish. But it achieves little if anything to conform to the original substance of the discourse which is Mr Bishop's dilemma in having failed to make his understandable peevishness more widely known via the private or public media that, on the face of it, appears more than reluctant to have a bar of him.

From which dilemma it could be fairly inferred that a little self-examination on Mr Bishop's part would perhaps not come amiss.
Gordon

https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-resources-and-tools/covid-19-health-and-wellbeing-survey
Rich80105
2021-09-16 04:40:27 UTC
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2021/09/chris_bishop_on_the_longest_lockdown.html
Thanks to outfits like Kiwiblog the truth will get out.
With fake news throwing out 'voter surveys' as they are currently I
sadly doubt that.
What survey is that, George? I haven't seen any on Covid.
Try starting here
https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-resources-and-tools/covid-19-health-and-wellbeing-survey
Thanks - I had not seen that before! It should no be too difficult to
conduct in other major languages (particularly Samoan and Cook Is
Maori). The dataset could well be sorted by descrition and the results
graphed - but it does indicate that there is more concern at higher
alert levels which is what we would expect.

I suspect this survey would not be seen as a product of 'fake news',
or concern Chris Bishop . . .
Gordon
2021-09-16 04:09:38 UTC
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2021/09/chris_bishop_on_the_longest_lockdown.html
Thanks to outfits like Kiwiblog the truth will get out.
With fake news throwing out 'voter surveys' as they are currently I
sadly doubt that.
What survey is that, George? I haven't seen any on Covid.
Even Henry's company are doing them

https://www.covid19survey.ford.com/us
Gordon
2021-09-16 03:00:00 UTC
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2021/09/chris_bishop_on_the_longest_lockdown.html
Thanks to outfits like Kiwiblog the truth will get out.
In cases such as this, is the lack of these points, which would have been
warnings, having been said before the event.

What we have is nothing more than a summary of events. The start of history.

Everyone has 20/20 with hindsight.
James Christophers
2021-09-15 23:22:41 UTC
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2021/09/chris_bishop_on_the_longest_lockdown.html
An update on a government's and its electorate's progress in the management of a crisis is, essentially, a public information notice. Though fronted by politicians as it can only be, it is not in itself intended and scheduled as a party-political occasion - although, inevitably, it will likely be interpreted as such by some. It is not, per se, an invitation to cross-party political debate nor should it ever be, the reasons for this being too obvious to need stating.

Commercial TV channels carrying the official Covid-19 updates lose an hour's worth of potential commercial revenue for each such broadcast. Not a sum to be sniffed at. None of them are genuine public service channels nor are they any longer primarily intended for that purpose. TVNZ was stripped of its public service Charter at the hands of John Key and, unless and until Parliament decides to reverse John Key's actions, it will remain and continue exactly as he has left it, i.e: strictly in this porder - 1. a revenue/dividend outfit; 2. an entertainment outfit - including all (polite cough) "news"; 3. a public service conduit.

It is, therefore solely for the TV channels you own along with the advertising agencies to accept or decline Mr Bishop's requests to be allowed air time equivalent to that afforded to the government's official information update. By so doing they would also be - on a like-for-like basis - forfeiting a further period of revenue generation any time the estimable Mr Bishop might sense another compulsion to unburden himself. So, would they even think of contemplating such an indulgence, because for them that's what it would be?

Fat chance.

Footnote: As for said Mr Bishop's wheedling polemic now published by the National Party's paid shill-cum-mischief-maker for the passing amusement of his like-minded coterie of political look-alikes, and think-alikes: perhaps someone should gently tell Mr Bishop that, while he may well believe - trust, even - that such publication will be sufficient to assuage his patent angst and frustrations, he will be preaching solely to the choir who have heard this sort of thing a dozen times before and will, just like him, know the real-world haplessness of it all.

As JohnO himself has declared more than once on this group, and in terms, "That's politics".