I'm with the farmers!
2021-07-16 00:34:39 UTC
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/125756761/farmer-protest-gains-traction-throughout-the-country

Good on them for pointing out yet more stupidity from the most idiotic New Zealand government ever. A government more interested in pushing a failed ideology and it's repercussions than about actually doing something that WILL help the government. But as Rich will tell us Saint Jacinda is the one true saviour!
Rich80105
2021-07-16 01:56:41 UTC
On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 17:34:39 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
Post by John Bowes
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/125756761/farmer-protest-gains-traction-throughout-the-country
Good on them for pointing out yet more stupidity from the most idiotic New Zealand government ever. A government more interested in pushing a failed ideology and it's repercussions than about actually doing something that WILL help the government. But as Rich will tell us Saint Jacinda is the one true saviour!
I don't share your religious belief, JB, but perhaps you can reflect
on the gift of clean water falling on those "protesting." Will it be
enough for Crusher to avoid the crusher?
John Bowes
Me religious? I'm nothing like you Rich! You might be happy with a totalitarian government turning us into a little North Korea. But I, like the farmers don't want one here no matter what you might be stupid enough to be happy with!
Rich80105
2021-07-16 21:17:51 UTC
Post by John Bowes
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/125756761/farmer-protest-gains-traction-throughout-the-country
Good on them for pointing out yet more stupidity from the most idiotic New Zealand government ever. A government more interested in pushing a failed ideology and it's repercussions than about actually doing something that WILL help the government. But as Rich will tell us Saint Jacinda is the one true saviour!
I don't share your religious belief, JB, but perhaps you can reflect
on the gift of clean water falling on those "protesting." Will it be
enough for Crusher to avoid the crusher?
Me religious? I'm nothing like you Rich! You might be happy with a totalitarian government turning us into a little North Korea. But I, like the farmers don't want one here no matter what you might be stupid enough to be happy with!
What he and those he worships are not aware of is that if the farmers
get pissed theres no food in the supermarkets no matter how well the
supermarket workers are paid.
Where a kilo of apples cost $2 (or so) now one apple can cost $5 (if
there are any)
And clean water wont matter because all those cow cockies let their
waste water out into the rivers as they cant afford the electricity to
use their settling ponds.....
You are talking of the blight of the crony capitalists, who have for
example wrecked water in Canterbury for personal profit; the wisest of
them know that they need to farm more effectively and look after our
water - or risk New Zealand trade by not being the Clean Green New
Zealand slogan that John Key tried to sell the world with . . .

Not much chance of them getting their crony government back, George,
but Labour and the Green Party understand the need for a thriving
farming industry, and together we can all prosper - even the leader of
the opposition David Seymour understands that the world has changed,
and we must continue to change to retain our trading advantages.
Gordon
2021-07-17 00:15:31 UTC
Not much chance of them getting their crony government back, George,
but Labour and the Green Party understand the need for a thriving
farming industry, and together we can all prosper -
They sure do have a very strange way of showing it. And stranger still going
about it.

At the spin level, the Government is failing to communicate with the
farmers. They are not listening to the farmers concerns, not trying to find
a plan so that both sides are unhappy, called a compromise.

This also goes for many of the other plans which have been released
without any debate or thinking through.

The people are now engaged with the Government trying to see sense and the
debate as to how we can all moved forward in an agreeable way is lost. Or
slowed down at the very least.

A Government must take the people with them otherwise they are history.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Comes to mind.

New Zealand finds itself in a FFP situation and we are being reminded why
FFP is not really a preferred selection method.
Post by Rich80105
even the leader of
the opposition David Seymour understands that the world has changed,
and we must continue to change to retain our trading advantages.
He is a young party leader. So he sees the changed world rather than a world which
has changed. I guess the same almost applies to the PM.

How we can have intensive farming and clean waterways is the challenge to
all.
Euripides
2021-07-17 03:51:35 UTC
Post by John Bowes
[...]
Is there any hard working business owner that you don't hate?
Especially the ones that work longer hours themselves than you have ever
worked in your miserable life.
Especially those that more often than not live a very modest lifestyle
unless they sell their farms and many do not, preferring to pass it on
to the next generation.
Especially those that welcome the opportunity to teach young people a
trade and pay them to do so.
There are almost no "gentlemen farmers" these days. Farmers work hard
(something you do not understand, obviously) and care about the
environment probably more than you (assuming you actually do care at
all, I doubt it).
Is there an ounce of maturity in your pathetically nasty and trivial mind?
I have watched you over a few years now but have only posted
occasionally but it is clear to me now why you are despised here without
exception, you are an immature and decidedly obnoxious piece of garbage,
it's time you were consigned to the dump.
Post by Rich80105
Not much chance of them getting their crony government back, George,
but Labour and the Green Party understand the need for a thriving
farming industry, and together we can all prosper - even the leader of
the opposition David Seymour understands that the world has changed,
and we must continue to change to retain our trading advantages.
There is and has never been a "crony government" in this country. You
are all buzzwords, all noise and no substance. The leader of the
opposition is not David Seymour, why do you resort to such childish
garbage? Obviously it is all you have.
I don't expect an answer, you are consistently cowardly when confronted
with your own atrocious behavior.
John Bowes
2021-07-17 05:19:05 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Not much chance of them getting their crony government back, George,
but Labour and the Green Party understand the need for a thriving
farming industry, and together we can all prosper - even the leader of
the opposition David Seymour understands that the world has changed,
and we must continue to change to retain our trading advantages.
There is and has never been a "crony government" in this country.
I disagree with you there. This government is very crony with Greenpeace, the mongrel mob and untill recently with the unions;)
James Christophers
2021-07-17 22:44:06 UTC
(snipped)
Post by Euripides
There is and has never been a "crony government" in this country.
Opinion piece: "Crony Capitalism in New Zealand - Brendon Harre" (2017)

Cite: (First, cast your minds back to 2007 - yes, all of 14 years ago - when the incoming National government under John Key campaigned on fixing housing affordability.)

'"Well it is not complicated" - John Key told the New Zealand public in an announcement in 2012 on housing affordability that the government’s housing reforms would be slow because, “I don’t think that New Zealanders who own their own homes would thank us if we took action which would devalue their most valuable asset…"

(Harre) 'Choosing not to fix the housing crisis is a morally corrupt choice because it places the interests of wealthy existing homeowners above those that are struggling in the rental market or falling off it into homelessness. It chooses to benefit current homeowners over the aspirations of future generations of homeowners.'

https://medium.com/land-buildings-identity-and-values/crony-capitalism-in-new-zealand-1bfd9f516069
John Bowes
2021-07-17 23:01:25 UTC
(snipped)
<more biased off topic crap snipped>
Euripides
2021-07-18 00:09:55 UTC
(snipped)
Post by Euripides
[...]
As you said, it was an opinion piece. No more and no less valid than my
opinion or that of anyone else.
To suggest that homeowners are wealthy is a massive exaggeration. There
are more homeowners that struggle to keep their home than there are
wealthy owners.
I stick to my view that there has not been a crony government here.
There were shenanigans during the Clark government but I would not call
that cronyism any more than the National government under Key.
James Christophers
2021-07-18 22:57:52 UTC
Post by Euripides
Post by James Christophers
(snipped)
Post by Euripides
[...]
That's fine.
Post by Euripides
To suggest that homeowners are wealthy is a massive exaggeration.
Wealthy is a comparative term.
Post by Euripides
There
are more homeowners that struggle to keep their home than there are
wealthy owners.
I stick to my view that there has not been a crony government here.
A given definition of crony as good as any is " a close friend or companion". In this instance a prime minister effectively and selectively granted both advantage and immunity to a special-interest sector of the nation that shared in his political, societal and economic values, such behaviour being that of the close friend or companion at his exercise. And I need not enlarge on the uncontested tendering for the Sky City complex during John Key's incumbency, do I?
This is not a question of inter-party comparisons but of successive governments and politicians refusing to admit and confront the obvious: that the individual can get wealthy off housing the but country cannot. With our perniciously low per-capita productivity also acting as our all-time economic drag-anchor, this is why there can never be enough **real earned** wealth to fund the required increase in the housing stock or the infrastructure to support it.
Gordon
Have another beer Rich.
Rich80105
Thanks Gordon - yes there is a lot to celebrate.
Rich80105
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1415598217362739202.html
John Bowes
2021-07-16 03:37:11 UTC
Post by John Bowes
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/125756761/farmer-protest-gains-traction-throughout-the-country
Good on them for pointing out yet more stupidity from the most idiotic New Zealand government ever. A government more interested in pushing a failed ideology and it's repercussions than about actually doing something that WILL help the government. But as Rich will tell us Saint Jacinda is the one true saviour!
I don't share your religious belief, JB, but perhaps you can reflect
on the gift of clean water falling on those "protesting." Will it be
enough for Crusher to avoid the crusher?
Have another beer Rich.
Thanks Gordon - yes there is a lot to celebrate.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1415598217362739202.html
Another Labour appologist keen on living in a totalitarian state. His tweet had about as much value as your posts Rich.
as to Gordon offering you a beer. Thought a staunch supporter of the Mongrel Mob like you Rich would prefer P or something like it...
Tony
2021-07-16 03:53:10 UTC
Post by John Bowes
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/125756761/farmer-protest-gains-traction-throughout-the-country
Good on them for pointing out yet more stupidity from the most idiotic New
Zealand government ever. A government more interested in pushing a failed
ideology and it's repercussions than about actually doing something that WILL
help the government. But as Rich will tell us Saint Jacinda is the one true
saviour!
I don't share your religious belief, JB, but perhaps you can reflect
on the gift of clean water falling on those "protesting." Will it be
enough for Crusher to avoid the crusher?
Have another beer Rich.
Thanks Gordon - yes there is a lot to celebrate.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1415598217362739202.html
Do you seriously believe that a party political post like that is worthy of
celebration?
You insult the intelligence of everybody that writes to this newsgroup. In fact
you insult the intelligence of the majority of New Zealanders, perhaps the
World.
Fact - the farmers have a point and they protested peacefully, unlike the
rabble you support that do not care whose lives they disrupt with illegal
protests.
Mutlley
2021-07-16 04:15:42 UTC
Post by John Bowes
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/125756761/farmer-protest-gains-traction-throughout-the-country
Good on them for pointing out yet more stupidity from the most idiotic New Zealand government ever. A government more interested in pushing a failed ideology and it's repercussions than about actually doing something that WILL help the government. But as Rich will tell us Saint Jacinda is the one true saviour!
I don't share your religious belief, JB, but perhaps you can reflect
on the gift of clean water falling on those "protesting." Will it be
enough for Crusher to avoid the crusher?
Have another beer Rich.
I guess Rich doesn't want anyone to have food here. He wants us all
to be peasants again scrapping a living from our back yards if we have
one. Seems to be a common theme with the anti farming brigade.
Rich80105
2021-07-16 04:49:34 UTC
Post by John Bowes
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/125756761/farmer-protest-gains-traction-throughout-the-country
Good on them for pointing out yet more stupidity from the most idiotic New Zealand government ever. A government more interested in pushing a failed ideology and it's repercussions than about actually doing something that WILL help the government. But as Rich will tell us Saint Jacinda is the one true saviour!
I don't share your religious belief, JB, but perhaps you can reflect
on the gift of clean water falling on those "protesting." Will it be
enough for Crusher to avoid the crusher?
Have another beer Rich.
I guess Rich doesn't want anyone to have food here. He wants us all
to be peasants again scrapping a living from our back yards if we have
one. Seems to be a common theme with the anti farming brigade.
I'm with the farmers, Mutley - how to maximise profit long term - its
the reactionary politicians that are behind the so-called "protest"
John Bowes
2021-07-16 05:03:17 UTC
Post by John Bowes
[...]
Stop talking shit Rich! The reactionary politicians are against the protest Rich. Hell you even gave us a link to the worthless prick!
Leave your Marxist attitude to business and people trying to make a living at the door before coming into this ng for once in your pointless life ffs!
John Bowes
Rich wants New Zealand to become another paradise like North korea or Venezuela. If he wasn't a nasty little hypocrite he'd move to one of those country's. Hell I'd even donate towards a one way ticket for the fucking imbecile!
Rich80105
2021-07-17 21:37:53 UTC
Post by John Bowes
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/125756761/farmer-protest-gains-traction-throughout-the-country
Good on them for pointing out yet more stupidity from the most idiotic New
Zealand government ever. A government more interested in pushing a failed
ideology and it's repercussions than about actually doing something that WILL
help the government. But as Rich will tell us Saint Jacinda is the one true
saviour!
I don't share your religious belief, JB, but perhaps you can reflect
on the gift of clean water falling on those "protesting." Will it be
enough for Crusher to avoid the crusher?Putting your childishness aside - here
is some balance
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/opinion/300360086/good-protest-farmers--now-lets-make-progress
and from that article: "Amid this debate, we all need to take a step
back and recognise that the real threat to farming is not new policy.
It’s floods that rip up paddocks, drought that dries pasture and new
diseases that kill crops and animals. We are on track for a difficult,
painful future that we need to confront together."

Some farmers are cooperating with the government and helping with
their own successes; others are just bitching and organising protests
instead of engaging with government and other farmers to share paths
to success.

For a different view:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1415598217362739202.html
Tony
2021-07-17 22:11:27 UTC
Post by John Bowes
[...]
From a biased Labour supporter yes.
Meaningless.
You have alwaya "bitched" about farmers. Are you jealous of their work ethics
and how they care for the community and the land?
John Bowes
Why else would the fucking imbecile try hijacking the thread using a link to a Labour MPs blog?
John Bowes
2021-07-17 23:00:14 UTC
Post by John Bowes
[...]
So you use a Labour propoganda link to support your crap Rich! Now get back on topic ffs!