New Year 2014 [Dis]Honours List
Patrick FitzGerald
2013-12-29 01:18:02 UTC
New Year 2014 will bring yet another list of dishonour from our
leader Shonky

Once again our so called honours system will reveal itself to a sham
as with few exceptions the top honours will go to those who have
already been excessively over rewarded for what they have done.

Those who have selflessly devoted themselves to dedicated services to
society without desiring reward will be fobbed off with a alphabet
soup of meaningless awards.

Patrick
Pooh
2013-12-29 04:16:14 UTC
Post by Patrick FitzGerald
New Year 2014 will bring yet another list of dishonour from our
leader Shonky
Once again our so called honours system will reveal itself to a sham
as with few exceptions the top honours will go to those who have
already been excessively over rewarded for what they have done.
Those who have selflessly devoted themselves to dedicated services to
society without desiring reward will be fobbed off with a alphabet
soup of meaningless awards.
Patrick
Fitz throws another hissy fit just because it got nothing. Grow a life.

Pooh
Gordon
2013-12-29 05:27:01 UTC
Post by Pooh
Post by Patrick FitzGerald
New Year 2014 will bring yet another list of dishonour from our
leader Shonky
Once again our so called honours system will reveal itself to a sham
as with few exceptions the top honours will go to those who have
already been excessively over rewarded for what they have done.
Those who have selflessly devoted themselves to dedicated services to
society without desiring reward will be fobbed off with a alphabet
soup of meaningless awards.
Patrick
Fitz throws another hissy fit just because it got nothing. Grow a life.
There are people who have declined the offer, Charles Upham, for one.
Obtained the VC and bar but told the Queen, no Sir, okay!
Liberty
2013-12-30 23:14:56 UTC
Post by Pooh
Post by Patrick FitzGerald
New Year 2014 will bring yet another list of dishonour from our
leader Shonky
Once again our so called honours system will reveal itself to a sham
as with few exceptions the top honours will go to those who have
already been excessively over rewarded for what they have done.
Those who have selflessly devoted themselves to dedicated services to
society without desiring reward will be fobbed off with a alphabet
soup of meaningless awards.
Patrick
Fitz throws another hissy fit just because it got nothing. Grow a life.
Pooh
But Patty does have a title
Patrick FitzGerald VI
awarded to only one per village

Gordon
2013-12-29 05:21:33 UTC
Post by Patrick FitzGerald
New Year 2014 will bring yet another list of dishonour from our
leader Shonky
Once again our so called honours system will reveal itself to a sham
as with few exceptions the top honours will go to those who have
already been excessively over rewarded for what they have done.
Those who have selflessly devoted themselves to dedicated services to
society without desiring reward will be fobbed off with a alphabet
soup of meaningless awards.
When I was much younger and my Father was alive, he commented that (that the
awards) went with the job. Many years later I have not seen any evidence to
the contary. It is the position which gains one an award.

Another idea which has been corrupted with time.
Katipo
2013-12-30 22:50:29 UTC
Bob Parker's knighthood was a no brainer. I picked that weeks ago.

Trelise Cooper being made a dame caught me by surprise though.