BBC: Covid Response killed more children than Covid killed
2021-03-17 22:13:55 UTC
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-56425115

Covid took a toll on mostly the frail elderly, who had few years left. Of course those numbers were also inflated by treating died "with Covid" the same as died "from Covid" But the response to Covid, the shutdowns, the unavailability of food and medical care, killed more, and they were children.

Think about that, next time someone tells you about "kindness"
Crash
2021-03-17 22:41:07 UTC
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-56425115
Covid took a toll on mostly the frail elderly, who had few years left. Of course those numbers were also inflated by treating died "with Covid" the same as died "from Covid" But the response to Covid, the shutdowns, the unavailability of food and medical care, killed more, and they were children.
Think about that, next time someone tells you about "kindness"
That article references Asian economies which have a very high
mortality rate (e.g. 34.3 per 1000 live births) compared to New
Zealand (4.7).

https://www.statista.com/statistics/696072/asia-pacific-under-five-child-mortality-rate-by-country/

The situation is quite different here in that we have so very few
deaths attributed to COVID19 (ie 'from' or 'with') and such a low
infant mortality rate.

2021-03-17 22:41:40 UTC
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-56425115
Covid took a toll on mostly the frail elderly, who had few years left. Of course those numbers were also inflated by treating died "with Covid" the same as died "from Covid"
Certainly in many parts of the world the toll was not mostly the frail
elderly - the article you refer to indicates the high toll on the
young in India, but you will appreciate that the countries it is
referring to do not have as high a percentage of their population in
the category of frail elderly.

The article does not mention your assertion of classification of
deaths, but in most countries they were not treated the same where
that would not fit the guidelines - although I suspect the two were
indeed the same in many cases. This accusation was at one time
directed to China, and subsequently shown to be wrong - China in fact
successfully carried out lockdowns to restrict the spread of Covid;
while they had a high number of deaths in Wuhan Province, and smaller
outbreaks in boder areas, they avoinded infections in some very high
population areas ofthe country, leading them to have quite good
overall statistics.
Post by JohnO
But the response to Covid, the shutdowns, the unavailability of food and medical care, killed more, and they were children.
Think about that, next time someone tells you about "kindness"
I agree with you on this JohnO - here in New Zealand we made sure that
incomes were supplemented in cases of need; you are correct that our
policies of "kindness" avoided some of the poor statistics reported in
the article from other countries. Deaths in the UK itself were higher
than here through just that sort of difference in policies. We should
be proud of our "kindness" stance