And Life Goes On
2021-07-09 06:23:37 UTC
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/unprecedented-poll-result-as-act-leader-david-seymour-overtakes-national-leader-judith-collins-in-new-umr-poll/PYCCGTEATQBHI3DRX766MSGITQ/
and
https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/08-07-2021/live-updates-july-8-bloomfield-concerned-by-spike-in-virus-sweeping-schools-kindergartens/
(Entry for 5:55 pm, but I like the item below that - Woodville does
indeed have a shop that sells very good cheesecakes!)
and
https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/09-07-2021/the-bulletin-two-polls-two-different-stories/

David Seymour has campaigned well for some time. He does not attack
other people, he advocates reasonably for his party policies, and does
not waste time trying to create splits in National. To gain 15% of
NAtional Voters as preferred PM is a remarkable achievement for the
leader of a party that is more libertarian than the Green Party, and
to the right of National on economic policies
Tony
2021-07-09 07:00:07 UTC
[...]
Garbage. Seymour is a class act but he is also gaining support from Labour
supportere who are fed up with the lies form this government.
Rich80105
2021-07-09 10:32:56 UTC
On Fri, 09 Jul 2021 02:00:07 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
[...]
I suspect you are correct, Tony; it is hard to understand why Ardern
was only on 55% in that UMR poll, (including another 15% percent of
National voters); if it was not for Labour supporters voting for
Seymour she would of course have been on more than 55%, and possibly
Labour would have been on more than 48%
John Bowes
The Green party Libertarian! MWAHAHA like so much you post Rich that claim is pure bullshit! As for the rest of your post. Well done for another bullshit post so typical of you :)
Tony
2021-07-09 21:07:22 UTC
[...]
So not only are you incapable of debating but have now demonstrated that you
cannot add up.
Rich80105
2021-07-09 21:38:25 UTC
On Fri, 09 Jul 2021 16:07:22 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
[...]
Just quoting from the article, Tony, and certainly Seymour has taken
poll support from both Ardern and Collins, as well as from National
and ACT. Your premise that he will have gained support from some who
normally support Labour is I believe likely - his rational and
considered statements about protecting freedom of speech will have
resonated with many who are the ''swing voters" - he was largely
supporting the proposed legislation but identifying a key area where
care is certainty needed; a contrast to the unfocussed personal
attacks from National and some in this group that have led to the poll
results.
Tony
2021-07-09 22:06:54 UTC
[...]
You still can't add but I recognise your admission that you attack people in
this group, well done.
Rich80105
2021-07-09 22:54:49 UTC
On Fri, 09 Jul 2021 17:06:54 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
[...]
Not at all, but you will think what you want, evidence is not welcome
to some.
You may want to think about who in this video you most resemble:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1413277083506077701
Tony
2021-07-09 23:04:04 UTC
[...]
I welcome evidence, there is none in this instance however. I applaud your
admission that you are an attacker here. Don't be modest, simply accept the
compliment.
Twitter is for twits. Is that why you so often use it?
John Bowes
He could be Rich attacking you Tony :)
Euripides
2021-07-10 02:00:32 UTC
[...]
Childish old farts like you deserve the contempt that every other
participant in this newsgroup shows you.
John Bowes
I love the way the fucking imbecile destroys his own stupid (in this case) opinion. How the hell can Seymour take votes away from ACT? The only leader losing votes for it's party is Ardern ffs!
Rich80105
2021-07-10 02:23:16 UTC
On Fri, 9 Jul 2021 16:00:00 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
[...]
He has of course taken votes from ACT supporters, not away from -
perhaps you have never been aware of making a mistake, John Bowes . .
.
John Bowes
2021-07-10 05:24:40 UTC
[...]
Not so Rich. I leave that attitude to fucking imbeciles like you who make the same fucking mistakes and tell the same fucking lies day after day Rich!
And he got the votes! Didn't take them Rich! Only a Labour apologist like you mistakenly claims the Greens are Libertarian would make a simple mistake like that!
Rich80105
2021-07-10 09:16:53 UTC
On Fri, 9 Jul 2021 22:24:40 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
[...]
A market research poll is not voting, John. People have been known to
''send a message" through a poll that does not actually reflect how
they would vote.

Regarding who is libertarian, see this:
https://www.politicalcompass.org/nz2020
I see Seymour as being slightly more libertarian than ACT as a whole,
but there is probably not a lot of difference between the Greens and
ACT as far as being libertarian is concerned - certainly ACT under
Seymour has shifted significantly away from National''s consistent
authoritarianism, and more back to where ACT used to be under Douglas
/ Prebble.
John Bowes
2021-07-10 12:35:31 UTC
[...]
ACT Libertarian! You'll be telling us you and the government never lie next :)
Why are you still pushing the thoroughly discredited politicalcompass which is about as accurate as you in your opinions :)
No Rich. It's not National who are authoritarianism despite what Ardern, norightturn and thestranded tell you. It's your glorious fucking Labour/Green party who are that. Just look at so much of their legislation and you'll see that. Unless of course you have your head up your arse!
John Bowes
2021-07-09 22:58:12 UTC
[...]
You can't even get your facts right Rich! Seymour IS ACT! Well done you've just made garbage of your own claim!
<further utter garbage snipped>
Gordon
Come on, just the fingers getting ahead of the thinking.
John Bowes
2021-07-10 08:32:18 UTC
[...]
That is a constant in Rich's case :)