Spending political capital
2021-01-31 06:44:43 UTC
https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/climate-news/124079047/the-government-will-not-hold-back-jacinda-ardern-on-how-nz-could-go-zero-carbon

There we have it people, Jacindia has decided to splash out and has bought
this with her political capital.

Reading through this I wonder how many of these targets are going to be
reached. And what spin will be used when they are not.

Now we can get back to the 100,000 houses and how many pine trees? Yep, its
on again. That thinking.

Also, electric cars do need oil, they have bearings in both the motor and
the wheels which go better with some grease.
Rich80105
2021-01-31 08:38:32 UTC
https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/climate-news/124079047/the-government-will-not-hold-back-jacinda-ardern-on-how-nz-could-go-zero-carbon
There we have it people, Jacindia has decided to splash out and has bought
this with her political capital.
I doubt it will lose the government any capital - it has been well
signalled - National appear to broadly agree - there was a comment
today advocating using the Emmission Trading scheme to use costs of
not reducing emissions to drive lower emissions, The phasing out of
coal is no longer a big issue, and use of electricity is consistent
with other countries.
Post by Gordon
Reading through this I wonder how many of these targets are going to be
reached. And what spin will be used when they are not.
Now we can get back to the 100,000 houses and how many pine trees? Yep, its
on again. That thinking.
Also, electric cars do need oil, they have bearings in both the motor and
the wheels which go better with some grease.
Again this has been known for a long time. We will also not be able to
eliminate plastics, but hopefully the most harmful can be fairly
quickly reduced.

Overall, these moves have been far too long in coming, but they are
right for our country and for the world.
BR
2021-01-31 19:05:01 UTC
Overall, these moves have been far too long in coming, but they are
right for our country and for the world.
What utter nonsense. Catastrophic man made climate change is the
largest and most pernicious fraud in human history.

Bill.
https://www.avg.com
George Black
2021-01-31 19:08:27 UTC
Post by BR
Post by Rich80105
Overall, these moves have been far too long in coming, but they are
right for our country and for the world.
What utter nonsense. Catastrophic man made climate change is the
largest and most pernicious fraud in human history.
Bill.
Yup.
We have the population of a medium sized foreign city spread out over
the entire country.
The only 'thing' that warms the Earth is the Sun
John Bowes