Mallard digging an even deeper hole!
2020-12-16 09:41:56 UTC
It seems the taxpayer is going to be expected to pick up an even bigger bill for Mallard's stupid comment!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/heather-du-plessis-allan-trevor-mallard-has-made-things-worse/MJ5UQMJQM262IU3POYKJJBPJSI/

Plus the Taxpayers Union has a petition going for Mallard to pay his own bill!
Tony
2020-12-16 19:23:02 UTC
It seems the taxpayer is going to be expected to pick up an even bigger bill
for Mallard's stupid comment!
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/heather-du-plessis-allan-trevor-mallard-has-made-things-worse/MJ5UQMJQM262IU3POYKJJBPJSI/
We don't deserve liars in government on either side of the house.
John Bowes
Damn right Tony!
Gordon
Well then we beeter start thinking who to vote for. Thought about yourself?
Tony
2020-12-19 23:49:36 UTC
It seems the taxpayer is going to be expected to pick up an even bigger bill
for Mallard's stupid comment!
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/heather-du-plessis-allan-trevor-mallard-has-made-things-worse/MJ5UQMJQM262IU3POYKJJBPJSI/
We don't deserve liars in government on either side of the house.
Well then we beeter start thinking who to vote for. Thought about yourself?
Gordon, being a politician is the very last "job" I would ever want. I have
admired only a small handful over the past 50 years or so and despised several.
The rest have been largely boring hangers-on.
There is an old saying about teachers. ‘Those who can, do; those who can’t,
teach.’ (George Bernard Shaw). I have often thought that to be unfair. It
could, however, well be applied to politicians.
Those who can, do; those who can’t, become politicians.
I was once approached about standing for the local council, something that I am
totally unsuited for. The succesful candidates tended to be diplomatic in those
days but I have noticed a change recently.
A lot of people are asking for changes to local government which they see as no
longer fit for purpose. There are several in serious trouble at the moment.
Maybe you should consider standing for government or council. I believe there
are very few that actually help the general public or their constituents.