RIP Helen Kelly
Tony
2016-10-14 05:40:19 UTC
She and many others should have been allowed the medicinal cannabis opportunity.
She fought for her beliefs and was a determined advocate for working folk.
By the way Rich - this is non-political - your party is as much to blame as the
current government! So please respect a fighter and let her rest in peace and
let her family say their good byes!

Tony
Crash
2016-10-14 09:09:11 UTC
On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 00:40:19 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Tony
She and many others should have been allowed the medicinal cannabis opportunity.
She fought for her beliefs and was a determined advocate for working folk.
By the way Rich - this is non-political - your party is as much to blame as the
current government! So please respect a fighter and let her rest in peace and
let her family say their good byes!
Agreed Tony. Much as I almost totally disagreed with her political
beliefs I have the utmost respect for her devotion to what she
believed in. It is possible to oppose a viewpoint but respect the
motives and beliefs of opponents.

My admiration is for her advocacy for medicinal use of marijuana and
her advocacy for those with terminal illness to make life-ending free
choices. While I am not a victim of ill-health as she was I hope that
the medicinal reforms she sought come to fruition.

Crash McBash
Tony
2016-10-16 00:36:46 UTC
Post by Tony
[...]
I too am blessed with good health but know some that are not. In one case
marijuana "may" have helped but the family did not go down that path.
I have admired many people who stand up for what they believe and I am not
opposed at all to unionism provided it is optional. Quietly I sometimes wonder
whether the linkage between Labour and unions is a good thing for the party!
Tony
Pooh
2016-10-19 22:36:26 UTC
Post by Tony
[...]
Sorry about the way she went. Cancer is a disgusting way for anyone to
go. She was a fighter and for that I respect her.

Pooh
Rich80105
2016-10-14 09:19:35 UTC
Post by Tony
She and many others should have been allowed the medicinal cannabis opportunity.
She fought for her beliefs and was a determined advocate for working folk.
By the way Rich - this is non-political - your party is as much to blame as the
current government! So please respect a fighter and let her rest in peace and
let her family say their good byes!
Tony
You have a very jaundiced view of politics, Tony. Sometimes an issue
comes to the fore that strikes our collective conscience - or
something like that. There are sometimes issues that you would expect
one party to support and another to oppose, but if they are in power
at the approriate time, the party that would have been expected to
oppose may find that they cannot ignore public opinion and pass
legislation. This is an issue that could easily have been one of those
- if the libertarian, business oriented part of National had not been
overruled by the conservative, moralistic, simplistic part. We do have
many drugs that are rightly prescription only - but this drug started
as a recreational drug used by people that would not normally be
assocaited with National, and the necessary separation of issues is
difficult for some. I agree with you that medicinal cannabis is a
positive oportunity. It has been tried and found acceptable in a
number of other countries; public opinion would support it, but
despite yur views, it is effectively a political decision - which in
this case appears to be being made or strongly influenced by Peter
Dunne - who bizarrely has supported other undesirable drugs in the
past. I accept that many of the same issues have existed in teh past
under Labour, but with the difference that public opinion was lessin
favour, and we did not have the evidence of both the beneficial effect
of medicinal cannabis, or the expereince of other countries. Again the
reasons for policy not being changed were totally political.

I suspect her family is proud of the stance that she took on many
things - not just medicinal cannabis; it is not her fauilt that she
did not succeed in this campaign; let us hope that the issue does not
die. We have lost a fighter who did not shy away from things because
they may be deemed "political"- she spent her life trying to help
others, and that is how she will be remembered. Peter Dunne and some
others that have their heads in the sand on this issue will not be as
well remembered.
Tony
2016-10-14 20:37:29 UTC
Post by Tony
[...]
You are "full of it", you cannot step aside from snide political assertions
even under these circumstances can you?
I have no jaundice; you have no integrity.
Tony
Gordon
It would have been better if you had not replied.
Tony
2016-10-15 04:23:04 UTC
Post by Gordon
Post by Tony
[...]
That is a reasonable opinion but only that - an opinion! He is an irritant,
like a mosquito on the bum of humanity. Sometimes he needs swatting!
Tony
Rich80105
2016-10-15 09:55:45 UTC
On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 23:23:04 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Tony
Post by Gordon
Post by Tony
[...]
There you go introducing your political mantras again - you just can't
help it, can you Tony?
HitAnyKey
That's weak, even for you.
george152
2016-10-15 20:44:24 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Gordon
Post by Tony
[...]
The left are in denial about the Kellys
They were an English trade union family and professed communists until
that became unpopular with the hoi polloi whence they joined liebor
Remember how every school holiday the Cooks and Stewards Union or the
Seamans Union would be on strike and tie up the ferries.
rich is perpetuating (or attempting to) the political dinosaur that is
the rabid left
Rich80105
2016-10-16 01:13:54 UTC
Post by george152
Post by Tony
Post by Gordon
Post by Tony
[...]
What a nasty little scroat you can be george. Helen Kelly was a widely
respected New Zealander, who as Tony said was a determined advocate
for working folk. In saying that she should have won one of her most
recent political battles. Tony tried to say that Labour were as much
to blame for that not coming through as National and that therefore he
was not making a political statement!. There have of course now been
quite a few years since Labour were in government, but the issue of
medicinal cannabis is in fact relatively new. It is ironic that just
today we hear of a second case where Peter Dunne has agreed to allow
the use of medicianal canaabis in a second case - we can hope that the
timing was not political, but it did need a decision from a
politician.

Given the experience of other countries, and the principles of
individual freedom that National purports to follow why they have
fought against controlled prescription use of cannabis for so long,
but there it is.

Your attempted slur against a New Zealand born person that has
recently died is despicable, and yet another instance of the example
National fosters of making do with personal attacks when bereft of
rational argument. Following Tony in channelling your inner Judith
Collins does you and discussion in nz.general no good at all, george.
Tony
2016-10-16 02:24:16 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Post by george152
Post by Tony
Post by Gordon
Post by Tony
[...]
No I didn't "try" to say it, I actually succeed in saying it!
Post by Rich80105
and that therefore he
was not making a political statement!.
Non sequitur! It was not political you scrote (no such word as scroat!)
Post by Rich80105
There have of course now been
quite a few years since Labour were in government, but the issue of
medicinal cannabis is in fact relatively new.
Absolute lie, it has been around internationally and here for a couple of
decades. why do you imitate Mr. Trump and make stuff up?
Post by Rich80105
It is ironic that just
today we hear of a second case where Peter Dunne has agreed to allow
the use of medicianal canaabis in a second case - we can hope that the
timing was not political, but it did need a decision from a
politician.
Given the experience of other countries, and the principles of
individual freedom that National purports to follow why they have
fought against controlled prescription use of cannabis for so long,
but there it is.
Why don't you ask Ms. Clark?
Post by Rich80105
Your attempted slur against a New Zealand born person that has
recently died is despicable, and yet another instance of the example
National fosters of making do with personal attacks when bereft of
rational argument. Following Tony in channelling your inner Judith
Collins
What on Earth does that mean, a bit early for the gin bottle is it not?
Post by Rich80105
does you and discussion in nz.general no good at all, george.
Here is the schoolmarm back, oh dear George, go and stand in the corner!!!!

Tony
Tony
2016-10-16 02:45:26 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by george152
Post by Tony
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
and that therefore he
was not making a political statement!.
Non sequitur! It was not political you scrote (no such word as scroat!)
My mistake, apparently there is but it is an incorrectly spelled derivative of
scrote.
Tony
george152
2016-10-16 19:48:23 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by george152
Post by Tony
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
does you and discussion in nz.general no good at all, george.
Here is the schoolmarm back, oh dear George, go and stand in the corner!!!!
The trouble with the left is they have no use for truth of any kind
Notice in his rant he doesn't and cannot disprove my statements
We used to ferry people across the Straits every school holiday
Pooh
2016-10-19 22:48:54 UTC
Post by george152
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by george152
Post by Tony
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
does you and discussion in nz.general no good at all, george.
Here is the schoolmarm back, oh dear George, go and stand in the corner!!!!
The trouble with the left is they have no use for truth of any kind
Notice in his rant he doesn't and cannot disprove my statements
We used to ferry people across the Straits every school holiday
Rich is incapable of identifying the truth george. It's one of the
saddest things about mendacious marxist like him who have to make up
their own truths to support their rabid support of marxism. Hell they
think marxism is socialism and everyone wants it!

Pooh
HitAnyKey
That's even weaker.
Fred
2016-10-16 20:11:12 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Post by george152
Post by Tony
Post by Gordon
Post by Tony
[...]
I really wonder if you are as much of a prick in real life, or is it a
persona reserved for this forum?
Mutlley
2016-10-19 20:09:00 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Post by george152
Post by Tony
Post by Gordon
Post by Tony
[...]
Nope she was a left wing Labor party lackey who agitated for people to
go on strike at the drop of a hat.. Color it how you like Rich but
that's the truth..
JohnO
2016-10-19 22:20:44 UTC
Post by Mutlley
Post by Rich80105
Post by george152
Post by Tony
Post by Gordon
Post by Tony
[...]
Kelly tried her very hardest to sabotage the making of Peter Jackson's Hobbit films in NZ, putting at risk the massive tourism bonanza those films have triggered. Was not classy when she called Sir Peter a "spoiled brat" either.

The worst thing was the actors wanted the union to butt out!
george152
2016-10-19 22:40:16 UTC
Post by JohnO
Kelly tried her very hardest to sabotage the making of Peter Jackson's Hobbit films in NZ, putting at risk the massive tourism bonanza those films have triggered. Was not classy when she called Sir Peter a "spoiled brat" either.
The worst thing was the actors wanted the union to butt out!
There were so many examples of the families destructive behavior through
the union movement in the 60's and onward.
NZ Truth had a least one headline a month concerned with the union
movements arrogance and ignorance.
Ben and I used to bet on it
Rich80105
2016-10-20 23:55:47 UTC
Post by george152
Post by JohnO
Kelly tried her very hardest to sabotage the making of Peter Jackson's Hobbit films in NZ, putting at risk the massive tourism bonanza those films have triggered. Was not classy when she called Sir Peter a "spoiled brat" either.
The worst thing was the actors wanted the union to butt out!
There were so many examples of the families destructive behavior through
the union movement in the 60's and onward.
NZ Truth had a least one headline a month concerned with the union
movements arrogance and ignorance.
Ben and I used to bet on it
For a differerent viewpoint:
http://www.colinjames.co.nz/2016/10/18/dribble-politics-quenching-policy-hotspots/
* One who didn’t do dribble politics died on Friday. Helen Kelly
developed innovative union responses to difficult changes in
political, social and workplace conditions. Peters got it right when
he said she had earned a place in “our national story”.""

(for context you need to read the article)
Pooh
2016-10-21 06:11:51 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Post by george152
Post by JohnO
[...]
MWAHAHA A crack up as always Rich. She was another marxist muppet just
like you: Abusive to anyone who disagreed with her!

Pooh

Pooh

Pooh
2016-10-19 22:51:46 UTC
Post by Mutlley
Post by Rich80105
Post by george152
Post by Tony
Post by Gordon
Post by Tony
[...]
I've been wondering just how many lost jobs because of Fol and union
extreme actions over the years. My bet is more than they ever saved. But
idiots like Rich will tell us it was for the good of the country and the
workers like the mendacious trolling twat he is.

Pooh

Pooh
Pooh
2016-10-19 22:42:25 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Post by george152
Post by Tony
Post by Gordon
Post by Tony
[...]
Helen Kelly was only respected in union circles Rich. The nasty scroat
is YOU Rich. As usual getting indignant when the truth is told about
your marxist hero's

<further biased drivel from the trolling scroar Rich snipped>

Pooh
Tony
2016-10-15 19:31:18 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Gordon
Post by Tony
[...]
Hilarious, I have no poltical mantras! But you know that and you can't begin to
understand why somone would not have political leanings.
Tony
Pooh
2016-10-19 22:40:06 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Gordon
Post by Tony
[...]
You nasty liddle trolling SCROAT! YOU dragged politics into this Rich as
you so often do! YOU need to go take a good look at your own behaviour
in this ng before pointing the finger at anyone!

Pooh
george152
2016-10-14 19:34:33 UTC
Post by Tony
She and many others should have been allowed the medicinal cannabis opportunity.
She fought for her beliefs and was a determined advocate for working folk.
By the way Rich - this is non-political - your party is as much to blame as the
current government! So please respect a fighter and let her rest in peace and
let her family say their good byes!
Tony
Yup.
Two points.
We have medical cannabis available and becoming freer but what's the
next 'alternative' going to be?

When are the unions going to hold a memorial strike on the ferries?
Just missed one school holiday so no doubt the Cooks and Stewards and
Seamens Unions are all ready to go over christmas..
Pooh
2016-10-19 22:56:57 UTC
Post by george152
Post by Tony
She and many others should have been allowed the medicinal cannabis opportunity.
She fought for her beliefs and was a determined advocate for working folk.
By the way Rich - this is non-political - your party is as much to blame as the
current government! So please respect a fighter and let her rest in peace and
let her family say their good byes!
Tony
Yup.
Two points.
We have medical cannabis available and becoming freer but what's the
next 'alternative' going to be?
When are the unions going to hold a memorial strike on the ferries?
Just missed one school holiday so no doubt the Cooks and Stewards and
Seamens Unions are all ready to go over christmas..
Wellington council is going to have a memorial service for her. Wonder
who's going to pay for it and how long before Auckland follows suit.

Pooh